We have a lot to celebrate.
The new Austin Gay Men’s Chorus (formerly the Capital City Men’s Chorus) has almost tripled in size in the past 5 years. Show attendance has grown over 300% since 2017. “Unbreakable” and previous productions have shown that our voices are strong, polished, moving, entertaining, and beautiful.
We now need power.
To accomplish our mission in an even bigger way, we need to reach larger audiences. We need to pay our musicians better and to create higher production values. We need a larger profile in Austin and nationally in order to change more minds, transform more lives, and extend community farther and farther.
Will you please help us?
We are starting our first-ever pledge drive to help us achieve our dreams. We am asking you to make a monthly pledge to the AGMC. It need not be much.
The math is simple:
- If we get 100 people to pledge $20 per month, we would increase our budget by $24,000.
- If we get 100 people to pledge $40 per month, we would increase our budget by $48,000.
- If we get 100 people to pledge $100 per month, we would increase our budget by $120,000
- Even a pledge of just $5 per month would help us accomplish more!
These additonal funds would allow us to do so much more
- Rent larger venues to accommodate our larger audiences
- Bring in high-profile and prestigious artists to sing with us
- Increase the marketing for our productions – raising our profile and raising our ticket revenue
- Provide more scholarships so we don’t have to limit our membership to only those that can afford the membership and travel costs
It can start right now with you. For the cost of a dinner out a month, you can move the AGMC forward from a local arts organization to a chorus with a national profile.
Won’t you help? It’s so easy.
- have questions
- would like to talk to me more about donating to AGMC through other means
- would like to make a designated gift, or
- know someone who would be an ideal supporter
Please contact our Funds Development Chairperson, Troy Gilbert at Atlarge1@austingaymenschorus.org
It’s time. We’re growing. Grow with us!
Retail Match Programs
The Austin Gay Men’s Chorus is a participating non-profit organization in the Amazon Smile program. Please consider assigning the chorus as your preferred recipient and help us continue to provide the central Texas area with quality entertainment and outreach! You still pay the same price for everything you buy through Amazon, but a small portion of every purchase is donated to the chorus.
Randalls Remarkable Card
Randalls offers customers a way to direct the company’s donation dollars to your favorite non-profit organization. Since the program began in the fall of 1996 through the end of 2015, Randalls/Tom Thumb has donated nearly $48 million to over 8000 participating organizations. The more people who link their card to the chorus, the larger our share of their charitable giving becomes.
Austin Gay Men’s Chorus’ Org Code is 5191
There are more benefits attached to the Remarkable Card. Learn about it here.
We carefully manage our funds and 95 cents of every dollar received goes toward our mission and concerts. The AGMC has earned the GuideStar Exchange “Silver Participant Certification” for our transparency in reporting our mission and financial status.