What our partners should know:
- The Chorus has had a GuideStar Seal of Transparency since the program’s inception in 2016
- The Chorus has been awarded a City of Austin cultural arts contract every cycle since 1994
- 95% of our budget goes directly to program activities
- The Chorus budget has almost tripled in size in the past five (5) years. Increased funds have been used almost exclusively to increase part time contract musicians and show production value
- Our season 30 budget came from these sources:
- 16% from City of Austin contract
- 32% from ticket sales
- 10% from membership fees
- 11% from individual donors
- 4% from corporate match and direct funding
- 27% other (CD sales, performance fees, in-kind goods, & services, playbill advertising, etc.)
Our 2019 – 2020 budget projection will approach $200,000. The increased funding goal is being considered for the following reasons:
- The Chorus has grown in membership by over 115% in 18 months. There are now 130 singers on our membership roll
- Show attendance grew by over 300% between Seasons 29 and 30
- In Season 30 the Chorus engaged a new artistic director to bring fresh ideas and renewed vision to the organization
- The Chorus has a healthy, engaged board and has, in the last 18 months, developed a significant, active committee structure that is capable of creating significantly increased production value
- The Chorus will use the increased funding in the following areas:
- The size and activity of the Chorus has reached the ‘tipping point’ that now requires administrative staff, a larger rehearsal space, and office space
- Full-time staff will allow the Chorus to fulfill some long-held plans of more actively supporting other community organizations. Administrative support is required to support programs like an ambassadors in schools program, volunteer scheduling for service organizations, support of a youth chorus, etc.
- Because the Chorus has outgrown most of its ‘go-to’ venues, larger venues will require increased production costs
Learn more about our Partnership Levels
Who attends AGMC events?
A diverse community attends the Austin Gay Men’s Chorus performances. Learn more about our audience.